Monday, July 28, 2008

Only people carriers will do.

I could not decide where to put this so I opted for this page in the blog. Forgive me for being cynical when it come,s to this stuff, but it,s a genuine hate for hypocrisy that annoys me. This statement clearly says that it is okay to put children without seat belts at risk up to May 2009. The cynic in me wants to know why a prestigious organisation like the Road Safety Authority would accept any kind of a concession regarding the safety of children. The only conclusion I can come to is they accepted this under political instruction, because of a fear of a backlash from parents. Clearly if a couple has more than 3 children from May 2009 they will need a people carrier, no ordinary saloon car will suffice to transport their children together as a family, or else they will need two cars or more, depending on the size of their family. Parents with ten children will need a minibus. I wonder why the government are not telling parents about this?

You might need to click the picture to read it.


Here,s the link to the full page:




No comments: